Tuesday 11 December 2012

Feedback & New Ideas

Individual Tutorial Feedback  & Feedback from my Proposal

So In my proposal, my ideas were slightly off and were not correct.  This was a shame as I really actually got excited about the topic area.  It turns out that I had jus got mixed up in my mead about what it was I had to do.  I proposed to enter some competitions that I had found and I listed them as I have earlier in the blog too, and I had found a competition called 'Elements', and I had an idea for 'a brief' which was to create four portraits for each Element, and to have the images used for my brand 'Suzi-Rae Photography'.  This was not actually allowed.  Not because the idea wasn't good, because the concept of my doing 'a brief' that was not specifically for anyone and anything apart from myself.

I was told that I was proposing a 'Self Constructed Brief', which some photographers set themselves when they feel as if they should do a specific theme to a shoot. So as much as this was wrong, It is still something I could do in the future.

My brief was about creating four portraits to a set theme which I thought was right but after my tutorial today, I now have a much clearer understanding of exactly what I need to do.  In basic terms so that I can look back on this I need to one of the projects below:

  • A Commissioned Project,
  • Development of a Business,
  • Charitable Photographic Work. 
New Ideas !!!
  • For a commissioned project I have now had new ideas of looking back on anyone that had asked me if I could take photographs for them before.  When I first set up my business of 'Suzi-Rae Photography' I sent out a lot of e-mails and messages to all of my contacts to see if anyone would like any photo shoots.  I need to spend some time thinking about it, but hopefully I can find someone who has asked me, or contact new people and hopefully get a new client and produce the work for them but for this project. 
  • As for a Development of a Business, I have basically already started one up, it just needs more work to it.  Last year I had to create a website and my Brand and personality, choose a specific line of work to follow and start a style.  I have done all of this and have technically started up a business though my photographic work.  What I could do to extend on this more is create posters and postcards, flyers of my business and create a Couple Shoots, Wedding, Engagement, Maternity and Newborn business.  I would create this because they are the events in life that everyone wants to capture.  I would develop my materials and come up with prices and outcomes for a new and improves 'Suzi-Rae Photography'. 
  • For Charitable Photographic Work I know a few contacts that have asked me to be photographer for their charity Hair and beauty show at the College I used to go to, They needed a photographer to take photos os a catwalk like show.  I could evidence preparation and show the final Images of mine from the show that was for charity, this would build on my community practice side of my brand.  The work would be voluntary and I would happily do more. 
All of these three new ideas have got me all excited to find out something to do for this project.  I am happy with the way all three of these ideas sound.  The one that seems more realistic at the moment is idea number two and the Development of a Business, and I can come up with pricing ideas and photoshoot ideas to create the material needed to spread the word about my Business.  I will see how things go and I may end up changing to one of the other projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment