Thursday 11 April 2013

The Second Photo Shoot - Personal

The Second Shoot - 11th April
I think that this shoot went a lot better than the first if I'm honest but I do think that the first shoot was very effective.  I tried quite a lot different positions and poses within this shoot.  Also one big difference to the shoot today was that she actually wanted her Husband Martin, to be in some of the images, but he wasnt too fussed about getting his whole face and body in the image.  She had shown me an example photo that had the husbands hand in too and she wanted to recreate it.  So her husband was there in the background which made everything much more relaxed. Christine could then say what she was comfortable with and we we creatine some images together, from our briefing we agreed to use her example images as a print out and work from them, this is what I was doing and my client was perfectly happy with this.  The beginning of the shoot was great, using the small toys and shoes.  


There is one thing I notice from the shoot that I would have liked to change, which is the brightness of the background, I would prefer it if it was a bright white colour, So for my next Maternity Photo Shoot I should focus on getting my Lighting perfect before the Client turns up.  I was really happy with the next set of Images and the small shoes looked really cute and gave a really nice touch.  I shot the baby bump from each angle to get a different light and shine to it.  Once I laid Christine down on some beanbag cushions and focused in on some baby shoes on top of her baby bump, this looked very nice but as I mentioned, the background would need more focus on next time to get it very bright white.  
I get fascinated by pregnancy and think that it is a wonderful thing, talking to my client and asking questions throughout the shoot made her feel relaxed and easier to work with. 





Other poses consisted of using her baby scans in shot, having a bit of fun and a laugh at the same time as getting the brief completed and using each of the different toys and shoes in different images to see which she would like best. I arranged the small shoes and advised her where to place her arms and hands.  I was also great for keeping her refreshed at all times with drinks too.  On a shoot with clients, the meeting up before hand is to break the ice and get to know them a little bit, so that when it comes to the shoot I feel like we are friends, this is the attitude that I would like to keep with all of my customers are clients.  Having a set behaviour and attitude towards every customer means that if they recommend me to other people then they can see that the other person who recommended me was telling the truth.  

One of my Favourite parts of the shoot was at the end I asked if she wouldn't mind having writing on to her baby bump and she said she didn't mind and that she saw ideas like this while she was looking before, and I wrote in a soft eyeliner so that it was easy to clean straight off, "Loading 98%". 
This was for a last personal and quite funny image, for my clients personal work, but this idea of mine she absolutely loved and said that it was her favourite's too.  I would definitely do this again with other clients as she liked me coming up with my ideas and getting creative throughout the shoot. 

So overall, this shoot has done me huge favours to getting started into my business!  I will aim to do some more shoots like this and maybe some more from the other categories such as couples and engagements and add them all into a portfolio for each one, only with enough I can then create all my promotional materials for a business in personal Photography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment