Monday 22 April 2013

My Design Work - Business Cards

My Photographic Business Cards

For the design work, it obviously had my logo on the business card and has it on both sides of these ones.  I thought for the first 200 business cards I would just display the logo because I am currently to get it well known and noticed in the public.  Then once I am a little more popular and people have seen the logo for a while, I will put one of my own images on to my business cards to see if that would gain any more clients.  I would probably have postcards done with the same images on them so that they match.  I think these business cards look simple, professional and eye-catching.  At this moment in time they could sway more to the graphic designer look rather that photography hence why I may change later and place a photo on them, but it does quite clearly say photography so they are perfect for my first ones. They look well represented and I have included my phone number, e-mail, website, facebook and twitter on them so it makes it easy to show my brand and exactly who I am, also easy to contact me so that clients that pick up my business card can get in contact easily.  

After Tutorial with Minna - FOLIO REVIEW
So I had a portfolio review with my tutor earlier in the year, and she made some changes to my portfolio order of prints but also to my Business cards.  I have stuck in copies of the back and front of my business cards and next to them are the same again but with changes made by my tutor.  I agree with everything said about the changes. 
I am now going to take away the big logo on the back where all my details are and leave is plain white or have a small image maybe in a creative circle.  And take away the quite obvious titles for things like 'e-mail' before the e-mail address, because its fairly obvious so isn't needed.  I am also going to get a new batch of business cards from moo.com, with images of my own on them.  As I mentioned about, these cards do sway towards a digital media audience, so therefore my cards would look more professional and better with images on the front. This is something I shall do, as soon as the degree had finished as I aim to spend all my time focusing on getting my design work looking perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment