Tuesday 27 November 2012

First Copy Proposal for Competitions & Live Brief

Today was the Proposal Submission Deadline & Proposal Presentation's for this Assignment.

This proposal is the first copy and shows my original ideas towards the competitions I would like to enter and the live brief I would like to complete.  The written submission is a detailed plan of ideas of how I will conduct my live brief and how I will enter the chosen competitions and the presentation is of exactly what was included in the written submission.
(Shown Full Page Size in my Sketchbook Journal)
So, to start this whole project I started looking into the first section, which was Competitions.  I found some really interesting one's and some that did not look too great, but the four competitions I was interested in entering were shown in a previous blog post. I included them in my written proposal and my presentation. One of the competitions I came across was called 'Elements 2013' which really caught my eye. The project 'Elements' is something I have wanted to do many times before but never got round to it. So I decided to make it my First Live Brief Idea.
I thought that this idea would be ok to use for the brief so started planning out each stage. I show in my presentation how I would provide the images for my own Brand 'Suzi-Rae Photography'.  The concept is to have the four portraits all for each Element; Fire, Water, Air & Earth.  Very realistic props, and locations. I have written in both proposal's how the format, locations, casting, styling, and lighting will be planned and used.  I then have listed the equipment and permissions I will need for the whole brief and how I would show all my evidence by step by step process. The last question on the written proposal is 'whats concerns I have with the brief' and my answer is, finding the time for the four shoots and location scouting, maybe link the ideas with my MPP. 

After my presentation, my Tutor advised that I re-read over the 'Elements' competition conditions, because she didn't think it was as legit as it seemed. About the briefing idea, she said that what I had come up with was a 'Self-directed Brief' which is pretty obvious now. I had just been setting myself my own project which is not what is aimed for by the live brief. I need to have a Commissioned Project, Development of a Business or do some Charitable Photographic work. So back to working on one of these three for now, whichever I choose, I shall still show good methodology and evidence.  

(Clear View copy in Sketchbook Journal)

No comments:

Post a Comment