Tuesday 20 November 2012

Working to a Brief : 1 (studio) - (my) Call Sheet & Input

The Call Sheet for a any Photoshoot is an essential thing, especially when working in a group task.
A call sheet says when everyone is turning up and when the equipment and models etc, are going to be turning up for the shoot and how long for.  The problem with my group is that we produced the call sheet in the week before the shoot and had it ready on the day, it was the Producer's job to keep hold of it and give it after the shoot, but, they've lost it.

Having the Producer and other team members loose the Call Sheet, doesn't help the rest of the group at all. I, on the other hand, had already made my own copy of a Call Sheet whilst the other one was being done. So I didn't get a copy of the one given in, but have my own styled call sheet here.

My call sheet has all the same information but includes, images of the models and a small description about the concept. I have shown a timeline of how the day was going to plan out and who was turning up at what time. Although it is a Producer's role to make sure the day goes as plan, I made sure everything was on track according to my call sheet.  It includes the dates and times, model names and the positions of each of us in the group.

As a professional side, I think my call sheet has everything necessary and looks neat, stylish and professional. I would use this one as a template for any of my own shoots and would include my brand name 'Suzi-Rae Photography' and my logo.


My Input to the Shoot

I find it very easy to talk to new people and make models feel comfortable within the photo-shoot space and is something I'm used to doing now.  So, with me being the Stylist and Prop Stylist, I think I can make the models relaxed and in the mood for the shoot. 

Before the shoot I was keeping up with every detail of what we were going to do and how we were going to do it, I also made sure I was doing my job of getting the props and style prepared for the shoot.  
Once I had told everyone that we should stick with black clothing for the shoot, I made sure that I arranged some of my own black clothes, tops & dresses, and had them ready to bring into the shoot incase the model needed to wear something else. I also brought in my big make up box, which is full of all kind's of make up, but as shown on my call sheet we also asked the models to bring their own too. But there was plenty of choice, I also brought hair accessories and hairspray. 

Whilst the shoot was going on, I stood by photographer and made sure the small tweaks and changes needed to the models were changed and was on hand with hairspray and making sure the props stayed in the right positions. I also did the hair of two of the models and because the models were comfortable with doing their own make-up I assisted them on what to do for the style we wanted. I feel that I was very useful and helped out a lot and worked well with the team.  I had all props there at the right time and the style was done on time for the models.  Next I will show Images I took on the shoot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment