Tuesday 13 November 2012

Working to a Brief : 1 (studio) - Facebook Group

For this team task, the first thing we done was create a Facebook group page, as an easy way to communicate to one another throughout the group, to also share ideas and discuss what we would do. Messages include evidence of planning and each role taking place.  I am going to show some of the messages as evidence of our practice.

The roles throughout my team were explained in the previous blog post/page and show who was doing what role. Through these beginning Facebook evidence messages, it shows how we arrive at our roles. Madalina in charge of Model's created the page including everyone in the group. The Call Sheet was the first item that needed to be completed. As shown in the message below right, the call sheet shows time's of shoot and arrival of crew, equipment and each model, so very essential.  I add that we needed to sort out each role, so everyone knows what they are doing and thinking about up to the shoot.

Another team member, Ellie, seemed to be on-top of things and checking what we need to do and writing on the page so we all could see, much like a Producer role. On the below message's I mention again that each role needs to be chosen as it is a vital part to starting the brief properly. Ellie also had the studio booked and the equipment booked which shows a Producer and assistant role. At this point the Call Sheet still needs to be completed.  

As a group we decided to meet up at my University for a group discussion about the brief and the shoot we needed to do. Here shows evidence of planning the meeting, in which we discussed what needed to be done, including props and what kind of style approach we were going to do.  I suggested that we go for a high fashion approach, with young good looking models and a modern style, and also suggested that all models wear all black for the sophisticated look we are asked to create. 

Like I mentioned previously, I have produced a Star Signs shoot myself before, and had lots of ideas and research to help. I thought by posting some of my ideas it would helps us as a group to get a better idea of something we were aiming for.  Here below shows my input of showing the three signs Cancer, Pisces & Scorpio, from three different series of star sign projects. I have written on the message what the images are each from.  I have also shown the message that shows us all deciding on what role we want to play in the group. A member of the team Matt asked us all to comment and straight away I wrote that I would like to be the Stylist & Props Role. The reason being is that when you are the Photographer the whole team rely's on you to get the shot right, whereas when you are the stylist, all ideas can be given to me by the group and then can be applied with my own style. I also like to stylise models because I like fashion and have always had interest in completing lessons in hair and make-up so I can use it in my own practice for my brand 'Suzi-Rae Photography'.


These messages below are of the Prop & Styling ideas for the shoot. A member, Alex who plays Producer printed the model release forms for the shoot, so she holds responsible for making sure they are kept and given in at the end along with final images.
The above and below message's and images are for Prop/Styling for the shoot.  I was the Stylist for models but also the person in charge of props.  I said to the rest of the group that I was struggling a little with finding props for a crab and scorpion, but mentioned that for scorpion it will probably have to be a toy, and maybe a crab from a local fish monger.  So the prop assistants helped with this problem.  We found a toy scorpion in 'Argos' and I asked if another member of the group could go and pick it up whilst I go get the fish for the shoot.  Richard, a prop assistant went down to the beach and found a crab (dead already) that looked great. Here shows the two images he posted of the crab he found, one with a scale. I wrote a message over-looking the three props, and asking about the fish.

The message below (top left) shows, Madalina in charge of models, and shows her idea's on possible girls for the shoot, she posted their Facebook pages so that we could all see the people and say if they were ok to use.  Madalina also sent the call sheet to our Tutor. The call sheet was something that I was never shown, I would have liked to look over it and check it to see if it was ok. The two messages on the right were made after the shoot was completed, asking for the model release forms as whomever in charge, can't find them.


And the last messages on our Facebook group page consist of members of them team asking for the model release forms.  This is a vital part of our journal's and I would like to show them.  I would have preferred it if the call sheet and each of the three model release forms had been posted on this group for everyone in the team to use, but they haven't been and now we are all asking model recruitment, and producer for them and no one can find them.  This is a let down from other team members and now I have been left without any.  Luckily, I made my own model release forms for the shoot anyway, but other forms were used, so if I can get the information, then I will have my own.
These Facebook messages are to show evidence of my practice as being the Prop/Stylist role in the team, I have asked about setting roles, what prop's are needed, and made sure everything I needed done was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment