Tuesday 16 October 2012

Brighton Photo Biennial

I was able to go on a photography trip with my University to Brighton to see the 'Brighton Photo Biennial 2012'.  It was a really helpful trip and I was able to see a number of small exhibitions and look at some interesting work. This trip was helpful for all of my modules, and I was able to think about the subject matters and generate ideas for my projects but I also found it interesting for my Professional Practice.  Here are some of the leaflets, brochures and promotional material that I picked up on the trip:


I found a certain piece of work that was relevant to my Major Practical Project and helped a lot, but I was also looking at things that could help with Professional and community practice for me as a Brand. I was looking at the marketing methodologies and how each exhibitions had shown themselves in the Biennial and also acknowledged personalities exhibitors had towards me as a viewer. 

Having brought home these marketing material's has made me wonder if I should produce some more of my own.  When I get the chance (probably after university) to hold my own exhibition, I will produce leaflets and brochures for that particular exhibition to get seen and heard. But in the mean time I have been thinking about producing some postcards. Postcards are a great way of getting my brand out there into the public and are so easy to give out to people.

The great thing about promotional postcards is that if one viewer has a postcard and decides to actually send it to someone they know it will automatically send my images around, to be seen more. I can also give a postcard to everyone I meet who is interested in a photographer, and give one as well as my business card. So this is something to think about, especially for a Practitioners Package. 

So overall, this trip was to actually look at the work in exhibitions but I used it in link with a professional photographer side of view and how they use their promotional material to help so that I can use similar ideas for my self and my brand 'Suzi-Rae Photography'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment