Tuesday 9 October 2012

Blogging for Professional Practice

Blogging is something that I had seen lots of in the photography world but never really thought about doing for myself.  We had to start one for one of my other projects but I thought that for this module I would create a blog and a sketchbook to view my ideas and work from both perspectives.

I have seen photographers blogs many times, and still do a lot throughout my research.  I always see how some just do a photo shoot and post the results in a blog and it is such an easy way to get your photographs seen.  I don't know why I have never considered it before.  I know that after graduation I will produce a new blog just for my professional side and show all my work and post anything related to my professional part of me as a brand 'Suzi-Rae Photography'.

Blogging for a professional practice side of things helps to show my skills and knowledge of a photographic business. It will also show how connected I am as a brand to media's and different social networking sites.  This shows how up-to-date the brand is and how it can travel so far throughout the industry.

Foundation for all my Social Media Activities
The simplicity of social media's is, that if someone likes my brand on Facebook or Twitter, which can sometimes be the way of meeting new people, a blog allows me to build a fuller picture of who I am.  If they like my other social networking, they'll read my blog to find out more about me.

Build Trust with my Audience
With a blog I am able to to show how my blog can break through a barrier of the worry people have with strangers on the internet, I can show trust through elements on my blog, ways to make viewers know its genuine. A clean and beautiful design, correct spelling and grammar, high-quality photo of myself, signs of social sharing, links to trustworthy sources, high-quality images, short - easy to read domain name, professional logo, solid detailed content updated frequently and a presence of community and conversation through comments.  All of these is which I have on all four of my blogs for my module's, but will make sure I have after graduation.

Exercise my Creativity
Creating content that stirs up conversation and communities that generate new ideas, this is something that will help get connections and get viewers interested in my brand. Blogging can reduce stress as you work, this is something that would be great for me, it also is a way of getting out ideas or problems that might be weighing in my mind. The process of blogging unlocks hidden ideas in my own mind, leading to insights and even newer ideas. But most of all, blogging helps to maintain a focus on what needs to get done.

Growing Stream of Search Traffic & Consistency
Active blogging drives more traffic to my site, and more traffic to my site leads to more leads. And if there is well reasoned useful content on my blog people will learn about me! The more content I have, the more I will have that the viewer wants to look at. Consistency is key, as many have given up on blogs for Facebook, keeping both and more will improve on monthly leads, so lots of posts will get me better known and seen.

Finally, the biggest reason why blogging is so important and great is because it's a Proven Business Model!! And if blogging is great for a business then I'm definitely going to have one  ( or four)
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment