Tuesday 23 October 2012

Angus Fraser: The Professional Practitioner

Angus Fraser has been one of my Tutor's in University for throughout the whole of second year and for some of third year.  He has always inspired us, to be able to get to the stage he is at as a photographer.  I had seen some of his work before when we first met him in class but for this lecture I saw the full range of the work he has produced throughout his photographic life.

This presentation to me was very useful as I knew that I would have to create my own presentation of my own photographic life very soon.  He started from the very beginning of his photography and then talked about how he entered competitions and got offered different jobs.  Here in this image below is a list of the main points in Angus Fraser's photographic life, I wrote this down in my notebook so I would remember what stages he has done, so it would be useful for me to look at in the future.

I find it interesting looking at a timeline of different successful photographers and how they reached where they are today because I believe that one day I can reach my goals and go far as a photographer. It proves that entering photography competitions is very essential to be seen and heard, which is one of the sections of this module, entering competitions can lead to call backs from potential employers, as shown above in Angus's life timeline, he received call back's and was offered jobs working with 'John Lewis', 'Voderphone', 'Lexus' and 'Virgin'.  He spoke a lot about making sure that your Portfolio is Stylised!! This is so there isn't too much variety and if a certain type of employer notice's that I have a particular style they like, it is then easier to be offered a job. This is something I need to check up on and make sure all of my images are to a similar style. Submitting images to Taylor Wessing and AOP awards are also things on my list to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment