Saturday 23 February 2013

Live Briefing "Change"

I had just decided to start up my Business for a range of Personal photo shoots for Clients, I was brainstorming ideas of my home studio so that the clients feel more relaxed and comfortable, I system of how I can keep each of the clients in order in the Calendar Year and was constantly thinking about my Price List and actually about to set it up.

I have been going over all of my Promotional Material that was made last year for my Professional Practice module like my Social Networking sites, like Facebook, Twitter and Blogs and I would like to Change them, even if it's just for a temporary time, to say and talk about a business for the personal individual photo shoots that I want to offer.  At the moment my social networking says that I am a photographer and shows all my previous work but does not say anything about the specific photoshoot packages that I can offer, so therefore I would change all of these.

Here below is my Logo design, other design and my Photography Name and big logo, these are already on all of my promotional material for me as a general photographer but I would like to see my Purple, White and Black design on postcards and flyers for the specific shoots.  This is something I was planning  and was getting started on.
I have been looking at many different Flyers and promotional materials for business's in the photographic field and there are so many.  it is quite common, but I would love to do it.  I have lots of designs in my head I just need to get going and start designing my posters and flyers around my colour theme which is previewed above and with some of my own images on the flyers. I would need to have all my contact details on the materials and an idea of my pricing list, or maybe just list a few and say about getting in contact for more information. 

An Issue; One issue that is very important and something that I need to focus on before developing this business, I am not sure if I actually have enough of my own images to work with.  I have done 3 Weddings and the odd shoot with family portraits and children, but as of yet I have not had any Maternity Photo shoots or Newborns, and I have not, had any couple or engagement shoots.  This is a big problem when it comes to showing my materials as i am limited on my images so may have to change to just a Wedding business for now, which I would prefer to shoot all of them and create a bigger business but this might have to be something that waits.  I have been looking at examples of business in this field (examples below) and each have a lot of images to show their particular style of shooting, this brings me to want to change my ideas to jus Wedding and mention how I will definitely do this in the near future with the other categories. 
Change in Idea - CLIENT CALL !!
Strangely enough, as I was just mentioning above about not having enough of my own photographic images to use for my promotional material for this business, meaning I wouldn't actually have any examples of each of the shoot categories, I received a phone call from a client.

I had a Cold Call from a Client who wanted to talk directly to me.  It was a phone call from a young woman named Christine, who was asking about a photoshoot. She said that she was browsing through Facebook to see if she could find any local Photographers that seemed as if they were starting out, and one of her friends had liked my Photographic Page, she browsed through it and called to see if I done any Maternity Photography? This immediately made me happy as I thought that I could make this my first ever Maternity Shoot and the photos can build up to eventually help start off a photographic business in all of the categories that I wanted originally. So I said yes to the Client and said that I am more than happy to photograph your Maternity and can do so in my Home Studio.  She was delighted and we discussed more details which I will show in the next post.

The reason that this had worked so well in my Favours is that I need more photographic work in the categories of Maternity, Newborns and Children, so this has popped up in the Perfect timing and I'm over the moon.  So now i need to get ready for preparing my first Maternity Shoot and talk to the Client and sort out a Briefing sheet.

Because I have now received this phone call from a Client/Customer of my already produced Business, I have now thought about changing my Brief for this module whilst still keeping a big link to both.  I am adamant on starting up the Business and really want to do it as soon as I finish University, but realistically, I need to get out there and do more photo shoots and create a big portfolio for each separate category so when it comes down to create designs for flyers and postcards and uploading to my social networking sites, I actually have lots of images to choose from. So I have now changed from "Developing a Business" to "A Commissioned Project", whilst still linking the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment