Wednesday 20 February 2013

My Live Brief - My Briefing Ideas

So after my Original ideas of the Elements portraits for my brand 'Suzi-Rae Photography' and found out that it was wrong, I was steered towards the right direction after a tutorial I had.  I then wrote out a list of the thee possible things I could do for my Live brief;

  • A Commissioned Project; of looking back at anyone that has asked me to take any photographs for them before, I could send out a general message and see if they would be interested and get in contact.  I could actually ask a general question of, 'anyone looking for a photographer for a personal project?, I'd be happy to help', this might find me able to shoot images for a Client.
  • Development of a Business; for this idea I would extend my Brand to an actual business and get creative.  I would focus on making sure my website is up-to-date and then create a business in fields of photography that are personal to a client.  I would set up a small business that would be for Couple shoots, Engagements, Weddings, Maternity and Newborn & Children.  for this I would create posters, postcards, flyers or a brochures about my business and then give the out to as many people as I could. I would decide and come up with my Price List for each shoot and stay with them, as they will go on materials. With this I should have new and exciting things for 'Suzi-Rae Photography.'
  • Charitable Photographic Work; For this live brief I would look around my local area and see whats going on at the time, I know there are men-cap shows that my Nan is involved in that would love voluntary work done, But I have a contact who asked me to be a photographer at their charity Hair & Beauty show at her College.  They needed a photographer to take photos as a Catwalk show, and also portrait images before going on the catwalk.  I would be more than happy to do this brief, but i am not so sure If I will have the time to do this work yet.  
These are three great Ideas and all would be fantastic for my brand 'Suzi-Rae Photography'. 
I have been a photographer for around 5 years now and have already had around 4/5 Weddings, and some events parties and Children Shoots, but i have never really extended on this as a Business because I had never had the time before.  I would love to do this so that I can really start getting some money in from the work that I produce. 

I have always wanted to set up a Price List of what I would charge for each of the Shoot Packages mentioned above.  I would list all of them as it would expand my business already.  Because I wanted to do this anyway, I have chosen to Develop a Business expanding on 'Suzi-Rae Photography' and creating a front to the business for; Couple Shoots, Engagements, Weddings, Maternity, Newborns & Children.  This I have put in traditional order of how life happens so, whatever stage someone is at, they would be able to contact me and have a photo shoot done.  

I think developing this forward as a business should hopefully get me some clients in no time and then I could potentially have some Commissioned Briefs and Project to work on too.  I can link a business development and  Commission at the same time because they would link together, one would be helping the other.  And charitable work can be done at any point to develop the business even more. 
I am happy with my ideas for this Brief and would like to start developing a business in this field. 


No comments:

Post a Comment